How many elements are there in your long[] when you run out of memory? When exactly does the exception happen (in your app logic, during wrapping, during transmission, on client side?).

/philipp

Raghu Upadhyayula schrieb:
Hi,

I have a webservice API call which is using 100% of Memory & CPU and throwing an OutOfMemoryError (I’m using Axis2 1.3).

My webservice call returns a long array.

Here is the signature of my webservice API.

*public long[] getIds(Calendar startDate, Calendar endDate) throws Exception; *

Based on the given startDate & endDate, I retrieve the corresponding records from the database and store the ids in a long array and return the long array to the client.

If the number of records is more, I’m having the issue of 100% memory / CPU usage or OutOfMemoryError.

Does anyone of you have any ideas on how to overcome this issue?

Thanks

Raghu