hi,

The external mapping option was there from lot of time and there were not
request
for this feature. So I have not done much testing with it and I'll have a
look at onit once have a time.

For Xmlbeans you can use the -Ewdc option.
This basically generates some dummy classes for the element refer from the
wsdl.
So what you can do is to First generate the code with this option and then
delete the dummy
classes.
Then generate the Xmlbeans classes using the scomp command comes with the
Xmlbeans distribution.
Then add those classes to class path.

thanks,
Amila.