Hi,
Thanks for the answer. I used JAXB databinding.
Should I switch to ADB?

Pierre

"Amila Suriarachchi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
01/02/2008 06:22
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
Re: [Axis2] xsi:type support with JAXB databinding?

On Jan 30, 2008 8:58 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello axis users,
I have a web service client (which I can't modify) which sends requests
using xsi:type attributes:
<EQUIPEMENT xmlns="http://www.almerys.com/schemas/requeteOPTOAMC/2.6.0";
xsi:type="LUNETTETYPE">
        [....]
</EQUIPEMENT>

After generating sources from the wsdl using jaxb2 databinding, I got the
following classes: EQUIPEMENTTYPE.java and LUNETTETYPE.java
During Axis2 request treatmeent I receive an InstantiationException (the
detail is the the linked file) : Unable to create an instance of
com.almerys.schemas.requeteoptoamc._2_6.EQUIPEMENTTYPE

If I send a request without xsi:type :
<LUNETTETYPE xmlns="http://www.almerys.com/schemas/requeteOPTOAMC/2.6.0";>
        [....]
</LUNETTETYPE>

It works perfectly.

So my question: Does Axis2 support xsi:type attribute? On the website , I
saw this article, about adb :
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/adb/adb-howto.html telling that it is not
supported.

Have you written the service using the ADB. This is an Axis21.0 article.
With Axis2 1.2 and onwards it supports the xsi:type. Use -g option when
generating the code.

thanks,
Amila.

Does anybody knows what to do?