Hi Jean,

I am also having same problem , I am also trying the same simple UsernameToken
authentication provided by rampart. I am using JDK1.6, Tomcat 5.5.9 and
Axis2.For me
Request response are

Request:

POST /axis2/services/sample02 HTTP/1.1

SOAPAction: "urn:echo"

Host: 127.0.0.1:8081

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

49a

<?xml version=3D'1.0' encoding=3D'UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=
=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";><soapenv:Header>

<wsse:Security xmlns:wsse=

=3D"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-sece=

xt-1.0.xsd" soapenv:mustUnderstand=3D"1"><wsu:Timestamp xmlns:wsu=
=3D"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-util=

ity-1.0.xsd" wsu:Id=

=3D"Timestamp-25610032"><wsu:Created>2008-02-14T07:30:23.018Z</wsu:Created>=

<wsu:Expires>2008-02-14T07:35:23.018Z</wsu:Expires></wsu:Timestamp><wsse:Us=

ernameToken xmlns:wsu=

=3D"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-util=

ity-1.0.xsd" wsu:Id=

=3D"UsernameToken-3860801"><wsse:Username>bob</wsse:Username><wsse:Password=

 Type=

=3D"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-username-token-=

profile-1.0#PasswordDigest">Ojbn0fGTA3w6A9MMdCGAI4w+7D4=

=3D</wsse:Password><wsse:Nonce>IayhqO7tNWK2XtGnI2G3CQ=3D=

=3D</wsse:Nonce><wsu:Created>2008-02-14T07:30:23.002Z</wsu:Created></wsse:U=

sernameToken></wsse:Security></soapenv:Header><soapenv:Body><ns1:echo=

 xmlns:ns1=3D"http://sample02.samples.rampart.apache.org/xsd";><param0>Hello=

 world</param0></ns1:echo></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

0

Response:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal server error

Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:30:23 GMT

Server: Simple-Server/1.1

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Connection: Close

6d0

<?xml version=3D'1.0' encoding=3D'UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=
=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";><soapenv:Header=

 /><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode></faultcode><faultstring></fault=

string><detail><Exception>org.apache.axis2.AxisFault&#xd;

                at=

 org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver.processMessage(WSDoAllReceiver.=

java:100)&#xd;

                at=

 org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllHandler.invoke(WSDoAllHandler.java:72)&#=

xd;

                at=

 org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:383)&#xd;

                at=

 org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:203)&#xd;

                at=

 org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:131)&#xd;

                at=

 org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(=

HTTPTransportUtils.java:279)&#xd;

                at=

 org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPWorker.service(HTTPWorker.java:216)&#x=

d;

                at=

 org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.AxisHttpService.doService(AxisHttpS=

ervice.java:275)&#xd;

                at=

 org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.AxisHttpService.handleRequest(AxisH=

ttpService.java:184)&#xd;

                at=

 org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.HttpServiceProcessor.run(HttpServic=

eProcessor.java:74)&#xd;

                at=

 edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.r=

unTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)&#xd;

                at=

 edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.r=

un(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)&#xd;

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)&#xd;

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException&#xd;

                at=

 org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver.processBasic(WSDoAllReceiver.ja=

va:329)&#xd;

                at=

 org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver.processMessage(WSDoAllReceiver.=

java:91)&#xd;

                ... 12 more&#xd;

</Exception></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

0

I am unable to fig out whats problem is.Any idea how to solve this error.

Aditya