Yes, I didn't show it, but my classes did have getters/setters, default public
constructor, and basically obeyed the rules of a JavaBean.

Dave

________________________________

From: Deepal Jayasinghe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri 2/29/2008 1:01 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Nested return types from POJO web service method -shouldn't this
work?

> I have defined a POJO service which has a method which returns an
> object which contains fields that are nested non-simple objects.
>

> So given the *Pojo* class which implements *ReturnInfoObject*, the
> *InfoObj* object being returned contains a field *nest* which is
> defined by the *NestedObj* object.
>

> *public class Pojo*
>
> *{*
>
> *   public InfoObj ReturnInfoObject()*
>
> *   {*
>
> *      ...*
>
> *   }*
>
> *}*
>
> * *
>
> * *
>
> *public class InfoObj*
>
> *{*
>
> *    **private** java.lang.String val;*
>
> *    private NestedObj nest;*
>
> *}*
>
> * *
>
> *public class NestedObj*
>
> *{*
>
> *   private** java.lang.String nestedVal;*
>
> *}*
>

> When my client calls the deployed *Pojo* service, the *val* field of
> *InfoObj* shows up in the soap trace, but the *nest* field is empty,
> even when it has been correctly allocated on the service side.

Nope this can not be happen , however you need to remember that you
class should be JavaBean (need to have getters and settes). I have
tested this and working fine , in addition to that following link will
be helpful for you to understand about Axis2 POJO.

http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/10936_3726461_3

Thank you
Deepal

<<winmail.dat>>