Hi all,

I've implemented a SOAP Web Services client using AXIS2-1.3 libraries and
WSDL2JAVA. I've used the following configuration to reuse the httpclient and
increase the timeout period to 180 seconds, but the connection still times
out after the default value of 60 seconds. The other annoying problem is
that establishing a new https/ssl session is very very slow, it takes
4.5seconds! There is no
axis.xml file in the client side and this problem doesn't exit with other
clients such as JMeter or .Net clients, so I think the problem is in my
client configuration. I'd appreciate your help in fixing this problem.

stub = new myStub(url);
  org.apache.axis2.client.Options options = stub._getServiceClient()
.getOptions();
   options.setProperty(
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT, "true");

  int timeOutInMilliSeconds = 180*1000;
  options.setTimeOutInMilliSeconds(timeOutInMilliSeconds); // doesn't make
any difference
   options.setProperty(
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.SO_TIMEOUT,
timeOutInMilliSeconds);   // No change in timeout
  options.setProperty(
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.CONNECTION_TIMEOUT,
timeOutInMilliSeconds);   // No change in timeout!

I've read the AXIS2 documentation but couldn't figure out how to fix these
problems. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Joe