Ines

It seems like the request was sent to the right queue but the webservice is not listening to the queue. I did no special configuration for the webservice. Therefore I think it should listen to a queue with the service name (StockQuoteService). Do I need a special message receiver? The StockQuoteService from the Axis2 example has the message receiver

Yes, now its getting into a Queue, but the Queue name is not properly bound to the service. On your services' services.xml add the following parameter

<parameter name="transport.jms.Destination"
locked="true">thefullJNDINameOfYourDestination</parameter>

Ref: http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/jms-transport.html

asankha