From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 1:47 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: xml as response

XMLBeans should be able to handle any valid schema. The structure you
specify doesn't seem particularly unusual. I suggest using XMLBeans
for your data binding framework. SOAP sends and receives XML
regardless of how you process it on your end.

Anne

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 7:31 AM, Asensio, Rodrigo
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Anthony.
>  Now I have more idea about what our customer wants. I did some
research about axis2 axiom OMElement and how to receive and respond
custom XML.

>  these guys wants something weird that I think XMLBeans cannot
fulfill.
>  in some cases they want
>
>  <Mybean property1="someValue" prop2="otherVal">
>         <property3>some val</property3>
>         <SomeInnerBean prop1="asdf" prop2="etc">
>       </SomeInnerBean>
>  </Mybean>
>
>  this is weird because into the MyBean node the have attribs and inner
nodes but also as properties. I don't know who did this, maybe the
janitor, but I have to write custom XML or XMLBeans will allow me to do
this crap ?

>  now, if I have to use OMElements (axiom) to write my custom xml, is
it possible to get parameter like this

>  public OMElement myservice1(String user, String pass, String input1,
int input2) throws Excep....

>  what I read is that you only can get as param 1 OMElement, and with
that I'm screwed!

>  ----------------------------------------

data-binding?  E.g. XML Beans or JibX

>  If you use a data-binding you can convert the response in your client
code into an XML string by doing a toString() on the XML Bean (I've done
this with the XML Beans binding, am just assuming it works with the
others also).

>  You specify to use a databinding when you generate your service and
client side code using WSDL2Java.

>  Asensio, Rodrigo wrote:
>  Hello, My customer wants XML as response into the XML, he sent me his
XSD file and my response have to be compliant with that. Until now I was
returning beans as response, but, is it possible return raw XML as
response ? or an Element Bean ?? what do you think ??

>  thanks
>
>  Rodrigo
>

> --
>
>  Anthony
>  -------------------------------------
>  Anthony Bull
>  Senior Developer
>  Black Coffee Software Ltd
>  PO Box 10-192 The Terrace
>  Wellington, New Zealand
>
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  Ph  +64 4 472 8818
>  Fax +64 4 472 8811
>  -------------------------------------
>  www.bcsoft.co.nz
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------
>  This email may contain confidential or privileged information,
>  and is intended for use only by the addressee, or addressees.
>  If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender
>  immediately and do not copy, use or disclose the contents to
>  any other person or organisation.
>  Black Coffee Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for viruses
>  received with this email, or to any changes made to the original
>  content. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be
>  personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Black
>  Coffee Software Ltd.
additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
>  and/or proprietary information intended only for the addressee.
>  Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on
>  the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
>  constitute a violation of law.  If you are not the intended
>  recipient, please notify the sender immediately by responding to
>  this e-mail, and delete the message from your system.  If you
>  have any questions about this e-mail please notify the sender
>  immediately.

immediately.