We trimmed down the required deps through trial and error, meaning we
first included them all to make a working webservice and then we deleted
one by one every unnecessary dep after which we tested whether it still
worked or not. The complexity we had :
- we had to include our Axis2 war inside an EAR which also included
EJB's that also used the StaX API
- the EAR had to work on WebLogic 8.x (so we had to invert the Axis2
classloader)

Our webservice is document/literal using XmlBeans as Java binding framework.

The following illustrates our EAR structure:

myapp.ear
| MyEjb.jar
| stax-api-1.0.1.jar
| wstx-asl-3.2.1.jar
+---axis.war
| \---WEB-INF
| | web.xml
| | weblogic.xml (!!! WAR CLASSLOADER INVERSED USING prefer-web-inf-classes)
| |
| +---conf
| | axis2.xml
| |
| +---lib
| | axiom-api-1.2.5.jar
| | axiom-impl-1.2.5.jar
| | axis2-kernel-1.3.jar
| | backport-util-concurrent-2.2.jar
| | commons-fileupload-1.1.1.jar
| | commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar
| | jax-qname-1.5.jar (QName API part of stax-api)
| | neethi-2.0.2.jar
| | wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar
| | wstx-asl-3.2.1.jar
| | xbean-2.3.0.jar
| | XmlSchema-1.3.2.jar
| |
| \---services
| MyWebService.aar
| services.list

\---META-INF
application.xml

We especially had problems with the QName API included in the StaX API
jar : finally the solution was to put the StaX API jar only inside the
EAR root and to only include the QName API part of the StaX API in the
WAR (jax-qname.jar). Remark that we weren't allowed to put the StaX API
jar in the WebLogic 8.x system classpath, which would have made life
easier for us.

Best regards,
Davy Toch
Savitsky, Alex schreef:
Hi all,
What is the minimal set of JARs that is required to run the Axis2 service embedded in a webapp? Up until release 1.0, a "minimal" distribution was provided (with a reasonable size of 3.5 megs), but starting from 1.1, there's only "standard" and "WAR", both of them containing (or so it seems) the whole Axis distribution. I don't like the idea of including them all, as 60 JARs and 18.8 megs worth of libraries (some of them even "incubating" or "alpha" - good luck selling that to an architect...) could hardly be called "embeddable". So I'm looking for a more lightweight distribution - no admin front-end, no codegen and such, just the web services runtime.
Thanks,
Alex
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
This communication including any information transmitted with it is intended only for the use of the addressees and is confidential. If you are not an intended recipient or responsible for delivering the message to an intended recipient, any review, disclosure, conversion to hard copy, dissemination, reproduction or other use of any part of this communication is strictly prohibited, as is the taking or omitting of any action in reliance upon this communication. If you receive this communication in error or without authorization please notify us immediately by return e-mail or otherwise and permanently delete the entire communication from any computer, disk drive, or other storage medium.

If the above disclaimer is not properly readable, it can be found at www.td.com/legal AVERTISSEMENT DE CONFIDENTIALITE Ce courriel, ainsi que tout renseignement ci-inclus, destiné uniquement aux destinataires susmentionnés, est confidentiel. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire prévu ou un agent responsable de la livraison de ce courriel, tout examen, divulgation, copie, impression, reproduction, distribution, ou autre utilisation d’une partie de ce courriel est strictement interdit de même que toute intervention ou abstraction à cet égard. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur ou sans autorisation, veuillez en aviser immédiatement l’expéditeur par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen et supprimer immédiatement cette communication entière de tout système électronique.

Si l'avis de non-responsabilité ci-dessus n'est pas lisible, vous pouvez le consulter à www.td.com/francais/legale