Hi all

I am really stuck with the stax-api.jar conflicting with weblogic.jar.I know
that this problem is posted before in this forum.The solutions which are
told are not solving my problem.I have explained it towards the end of the
mail.  My webservice client is throwing following error during runtime

<Apr 23, 2008 12:03:01 PM EST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101017>
<[ServletContext(id=12698664,name=fflyer,context-path=/fflyer)] Root cause
of ServletExcepti
on.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.namespace.QName.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

        at
au.com.qantas.fflyer.loyaltypointsconverter.services.AnySeatRedemptionServiceStub$GetAnySeatParameters.<clinit>(AnySeatRedemptionServiceStub

.java:1885)
        at
au.com.qantas.asrbooking.tripflow.ASRBookingConversionHelper.createAnySeatParamResponse(ASRBookingConversionHelper.java:90)

        at
au.com.qantas.asrbooking.tripflow.ASRBookingConversionHelper.getConversionStr(ASRBookingConversionHelper.java:65)

        at
au.com.qantas.asrbooking.tripflow.impl.ASRPointsConverterAccessorImpl.getConvertionString(ASRPointsConverterAccessorImpl.java:26)

        at
au.com.qantas.asrbooking.tripflow.impl.ASRSelectionAccessorImpl.getConversionData(ASRSelectionAccessorImpl.java:328)

        at
au.com.qantas.asrbooking.tripflow.ASRTripflowExecutionContext.<init>(ASRTripflowExecutionContext.java:64)

        at
au.com.qantas.asrbooking.bom.ASRBookingSearchBusinessDelegate.generateTripflow(ASRBookingSearchBusinessDelegate.java:89)

        at
au.com.qantas.asrbooking.bom.ASRBookingSearchBusinessDelegate.getTripflowURL(ASRBookingSearchBusinessDelegate.java:53)

        at
au.com.qantas.asrbooking.application.ASRBookingSearchAction.execute(ASRBookingSearchAction.java:183)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1006)

        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:419)

        at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:28)

        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
        at
au.com.qantas.ecomm.registration.servlet.security.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:104)

        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6724)

        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)

        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3764)

        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2644)

        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)

The solutions which i know are

1. Adding the stax-api.jar before weblogic.jar in the startup script.

 I cant implement this solution because i have lot of applications working
inside the same ear and client is not permitting this configuraton change as
this may affect the other systems

2.Make <prefer-web-inf-classes> to true forcing weblogic to pick the jars
from the webinf lib

 This also creates problem for me as other applications running inside the
server is expectting so many jars from the server class path.

I cant apply these two solutions, could any one suggest some other work
around. Does it mean that we cant have axis client running in weblogic if
some other applications are also running.Hope this is not the case and some
other better solution is there.
Regards

Hari

--