Ben Paulsen ha scritto:
The company I work for is in the process of doing an axis web service integration a with a client using the .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. Recently the client reported the following exception when making a request:

If you are writing your webservices with top-down approach (i.e.: starting from the WSDL), which I highly recommend, define your numeric field as optional (minOccurs="0"), rather than nillable (nillable="true") in the WSDL. In this way, your Java code can still return null values, while .NET will generate client stubs with code that will be able to process your responses by checking against a boolean value that states whether the numeric value has been actually specified (i.e.: it's not-null) or not (i.e.: it's null).

--
Mauro Molinari
Software Developer