Despite this class implements Serializable, I get
NotSerializableException when I try to do so.

I am using Axis 1.1.1.   I searched the Issue database but I did not
find this issue anywhere (resolved or unresolved).  I even searched this
list but to no avail.

I am hesitant to report it as I am not a very experienced Java
programmer.  I have had my head in databases for the last 15 years.  My
understanding is that this would be a bug.

Please excuse me if I'm being ignorant somehow and just kindly point out
what I'm not understanding.

Below is the sample code and the exception generated.

Michael

        @Test
        public void testSerial() {
                AxisFault af = new AxisFault("test");

                // Test serialization
                try {
                    FileOutputStream os = new
FileOutputStream("serial.txt");
                    ObjectOutputStream oos = new ObjectOutputStream(os);
                    oos.writeObject(af);
                    oos.close();
                    os.close();
                } catch(Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();

java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault$FaultReason
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1081)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:302)
        at java.util.ArrayList.writeObject(ArrayList.java:569)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:917)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1339)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1
290)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1079)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:13
75)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1347)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1
290)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1079)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:302)
        at
com.ipd.esb.job.EFTRoster.TestEFTRosterBatch.testSerial(TestEFTRosterBat
ch.java:215)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.executeMethodBody(TestMethod
Runner.java:99)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runUnprotected(TestMethodRun
ner.java:81)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAndAf
terRunner.java:34)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runMethod(TestMethodRunner.j
ava:75)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.run(TestMethodRunner.java:45
)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.invokeTestMethod(TestC
lassMethodsRunner.java:71)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.run(TestClassMethodsRu
nner.java:35)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner$1.runUnprotected(TestClassRun
ner.java:42)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAndAf
terRunner.java:34)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner.run(TestClassRunner.java:52)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4Tes
tReference.java:38)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.ja
va:38)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
stRunner.java:460)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
stRunner.java:673)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRun
ner.java:386)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:196)

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender and remove it from your system.