Thanks for your reply Amila.

I have tried as you suggested, but am getting compile errors now when
compiling.

This is the code snippet generated to delcare the boolean attriute.

<code>

                        /**
                        * field for IgnoreConflict
                        */
                         protected java.lang.Boolean localIgnoreConflict ;

                           /**
                           * Auto generated getter method
                           * @return java.lang.Boolean
                           */
                           public  java.lang.Boolean getIgnoreConflict(){
                               return localIgnoreConflict;
                           }

                            /**
                               * Auto generated setter method
                               * @param param IgnoreConflict
                               */
                               public void
setIgnoreConflict(java.lang.Boolean param){
 this.localIgnoreConflict=param;
                               }

</code>

which it has created as a Boolean

however the code generated to set this value is :

<code>
                                  while (!reader.isStartElement() &&
!reader.isEndElement()) reader.next();

                                    if (reader.isStartElement() && new
javax.xml.namespace.QName("","ignoreConflict").equals(reader.getName())){

                                       nillableValue =
reader.getAttributeValue("http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance","nil";);
                                       if (!"true".equals(nillableValue)
&& !"1".equals(nillableValue)){

                                    java.lang.String content =
reader.getElementText();

                                              object.setIgnoreConflict(

org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertToBoolean(content));

                                       } else {

                                           reader.getElementText(); //
throw away text nodes if any.
                                       }

                                        reader.next();
 </code>

Note the call to setIgnoreConflict, which uses
ConvertUtil.convertToBoolean
This method returns a boolean, not a Boolean.

<code>

    public static boolean convertToBoolean(String s) {

        boolean returnValue = false;
        if ((s != null) && (s.length() > 0)) {
            if ("1".equals(s) || s.toLowerCase().equals("true")) {
                returnValue = true;
            } else if (!"0".equals(s) && !s.toLowerCase().equals("false"))
{
                throw new RuntimeException("in valid string -" + s + " for
boolean value");
        return returnValue;
    }

</code>

Hence causing the compile error.

Is this a known problem, or have I done something wrong during the
generation.
If it is a known problem, I'm guessing I will have to modify the
convertToBoolean method (assuming nothing else uses it), or is there
another way around this problem??

Thanks

Julie

information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender and delete the transmission. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion
of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless
expressly stated otherwise.