Morning all,

A question for the Axis team. When a method in my class implementing a
web service (Axis2 1.3, ADB) causes a NullPointerException, the SOAP
response I get back looks like this:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <soapenv:Fault>
         <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
         <faultstring>unknown</faultstring>
         <detail/>
      </soapenv:Fault>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

This isn't terribly informative and required me to step through the
code using remote debugging in order to find the problem. It doesn't
tell you that a Java exception has occurred at all, let alone what
kind or where it is. Also, no clues show up in the server logs, even
at the DEBUG level.

Is there an easy way to have Axis2 pass the contents of the exception
back in the message?

Thanks,

Andrew.