Hi all,

I'm totally lost with a strange error I have with an Axis Webservice. I'm storing emails in an Alfresco server and I use their Axis-generated webservice client for this. I need to store some general data from the email like subject, sender and so forth and this works just fine with "normal" encodings such as latin1 or other ISO flavours. But now I've stumpled over an email encoded with KOI8-R and this breaks everything. The strings (KOI8-R encoded) are stored in the webservice call and I've seen that all those characters are html encoded (&#<hex>;) in the UTF8Encoder. Unfortunately they seem to be messed up afterwards because when I check the communication with tcpmon I can see only broken characters. And from the server I get an error about non-printable illegal characters such as 0x1e.
Is there any special trick to send strings encoded in e.g. KOI8-R?

Regards

Carsten