Thanks

The change suggested by you seems to be for the SOAP Client. I want some guide
about the changes that should be done on SOAP server and also if what changes
are needed in the WSDD files.

From: Robert Wierschke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:33 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Username token implemetation

Hi,

unfortunately there is no real documentation.

You could add a Username Toke without wss4j within a handler:

 OMFactory factory = OMAbstractFactory.getOMFactory();
OMNamespace wssNamespace = new OMNamespaceImpl(

"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd";,
 "wss");

SOAPHeaderBlock securityHeader =
envelope.getHeader().addHeaderBlock("Security", wssNamespace);

OMElement username = factory.createOMElement("Username", wssNamespace);
username.setText("TopsyCretts");

OMElement password = factory.createOMElement("password", wssNamespace);
password.setText("42");

OMElement usernameToken = factory.createOMElement("UsernameToken",
wssNamespace);
usernameToken.addChild(username);
usernameToken.addChild(password);
securityHeader.addChild(usernameToken);

Using wss4j:

String username = "TopsyCretts";
        String password = "42";

WSSecUsernameToken builder =
      new WSSecUsernameToken();
builder.setPasswordType(WSConstants.PASSWORD_DIGEST);
builder.setUserInfo(username, password);
WSSecHeader securityHeader = new WSSecHeader();
securityHeader.insertSecurityHeader( doc);

builder.build(doc, securityHeader);

This only works with the SOAP as a W3C Document (and not with AXIOM) so you
need to convert the envelope first. After inserting the Security header you
need to create a new SOAPEnvelope object and set this to the message context.

SOAPEnvelope secureEnvelope = Util.createSoapEnvelopeFromDOM(soapDocument);
messageContext.setEnvelope(secureEnvelope);

regards
robert