Hi Thomas,

Yes you may send a PDF file as it is a binary file as well.
For that you need to adapt the MIME in the SOAP message ( Multipurpose
Internet Mail Extensions) type.

e.g.

   <mime:multipartRelated>
      <mime:part>
         <soap:body parts="body" use="literal"/>
      </mime:part>
      <mime:part>
         <mime:content part="pdf" type="application/pdf"/>
      </mime:part>
   </mime:multipartRelated>

For more info about the MIME types pleaser refer [1] [2].

Hope this helps.

Jose

[1] - Format of Internet Message Bodies (
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2045.txt)
[2] - Media Types (ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2046.txt).