I attempted to do this in Axis 2 to see if solved the problem I was
having, but I am still receiving an invalid access, meaning that the
session cookies are not being handled.  Any calls which require a login
are failing although the login itself is succeeding.

Ping does not required a login.  GetProfileList does required a login.
Ping receives an ACK, Login succeeds.  GetProfileList returns an Invalid
Access error.  Support from the third party who created the service said
if I am using .NET I should set the CookieContainer.  They have no input
so far for Axis or Axis 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

package com.p21.test.web;

import java.rmi.RemoteException;

import org.apache.axis2.AxisFault;
import org.apache.axis2.client.Options;
import org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient;

import junit.framework.TestCase;

import com.perseus.www.pdc_ws.ProjectDataStub;

public class WSTest extends TestCase {

    public void testLogin() {
        try {
            Options options = new Options();
            options.setManageSession(true);

            ProjectDataStub _stub = new
ProjectDataStub("http://efm.activant.com/ws/projectdata.asmx";);
            ServiceClient sender = _stub._getServiceClient();
            sender.setOverrideOptions(options);

            ProjectDataStub.Ping ping = new ProjectDataStub.Ping();
            ProjectDataStub.PingResponse res;
            ProjectDataStub.LoginResponse loginResponse;
            ProjectDataStub.Login login = new ProjectDataStub.Login();

            ProjectDataStub.GetProfileListResponse gres;
            ProjectDataStub.GetProfileList glist = new
ProjectDataStub.GetProfileList();

            login.setUserName("username");
            login.setPassword("password");

            try {
                res = _stub.Ping(ping);
                System.out.println(res.getPingResult());

                loginResponse = _stub.Login(login);
                System.out.println(loginResponse.getLoginResult());

                gres = _stub.GetProfileList(glist);
                System.out.println(gres.getGetProfileListResult());

            } catch (RemoteException e1) {
                // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                e1.printStackTrace();
            }

        } catch (AxisFault e) {
            // TODO Auto-generated catch block
            e.printStackTrace();

_________________________________
Deborah Wus
Senior Development Engineer
Wholesale Distribution Group

Activant Solutions Inc.(tm)
19 W. College Ave.
Yardley, PA  19067
T: 215.493.8900 x6725
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Web site: www.activant.com <http://www.activant.com/>