Thanks Amila. I verified and found that this problem is nonexistent in Axis2
1.4.1.

________________________________
From: Amila Suriarachchi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 11:32 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis2] After changes to WSDL to make it WS-I compliant, Stub
throws Nullpointer

Can you please try with Axis2 1.4.1?

if still fails please log a jira.

thanks,
Amila.
On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Pantvaidya, Vishwajit <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

My Axis2 1.3 based webservice has been working well so far, but it was not
totally WS-I compliant - the Eclipse based WS-I compliance validation check
failed with the message "WS-I: (BP2120) A binding has operations that are not
unique." There were 2 operations with no input parameters which caused this
failure. I rectified that by adding an empty request element and the WS-I
validation check passed. But thereafter, when I regenerated the stubs and
tested a client call to the stub (that used to worked earlier), now it failed
with the following exception:

            at
com.selectica.ws.ecm.wsdlgen.ECMServiceSoapStub.IsPDFWordConversionEnabled(ECMServiceSoapStub.java:549)

            at CallSCMWebServiceStub.main(CallSCMWebServiceStub.java:23)

The nullpointer is in the Stub line#468 (the toEnvelope call) because the
dummyWrappedType passed to it is null.

Is this a bug in the Axis2 Stub generation?

Another way of calling the webservice without using the Axis2 generated stub
works fine even after the WS-I compliance changes.

I am attaching

- the wsdl (trimmed for simplicity) and the stub class before and after the
WS-I compliance changes

- my client code (CallSCMWebServiceStub.java) that calls the service using the
stub (this gives the above exception after the service was made WS-I compliant)

- my client code (CallSCMWebServiceSvcUrl.java) that calls the service without
using the stub (this works even after the WS-I compliance changes)