the answer is neither

you'll need to construct a messageContext
fill it with the supplied OMElement parameter
create a client using the supplied operation parameter
add the messageContext to your just created client
then execute..
e.g.

    /**
     * Directly invoke a named operation with a Robust In-Only MEP. This method
     * just sends your supplied XML and possibly receives a fault. For more
     * control, you can instead create a client for the operation and use that
     * client to execute the send.
     *
     * @param operation name of operation to be invoked (non-<code>null</code>)
     * @param elem      XML to send
     * @throws AxisFault if something goes wrong while sending it or if a fault
is
     *                   received in response (per the Robust In-Only MEP).
     * @see #createClient(QName)
     */
    public void sendRobust(QName operation, OMElement elem) throws AxisFault {
        MessageContext mc = new MessageContext();
        fillSOAPEnvelope(mc, elem);
        OperationClient mepClient = createClient(operation);
        mepClient.addMessageContext(mc);
        mepClient.execute(true);
    }

If you are unable to execute the client call we will need to see your wsdl to
assist you further

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.