> Deepal,
> Thanks for your quick response.  It worked perfectly.  I didn't
> realize that configuration was initialized multiple times.
Yes , whenever you create a new service client it create a new
configuration context.

> I have another question.  Is client listener implemented as a server
> model?  Meaning that once it receives a response it hands it over to
> another thread for processing?
Which listener you mean ?
If you are talking about the client side HTTP listener , then the answer
is yes. It is exactly a server.

> We are considering to use asynchronous client/server to reduce the
> load on the client and improve its throughput.
Yes that would be a good option , in fact Axis2 has support for NIO , so
you might be able to use that too.

> In our case we have a client application that acts more or less as a
> proxy and does very little processing itself.  It delegate all of the
> work synchronously to backend web services.  Responses average from
> several hundred milliseconds to several seconds with about 400 tps.
>
> Would you recommend asynchronous approach or could it potentially have
> other side affects?  All of the feedback will be much appreciated.
I think asynchronous approach would be a good option for your
application. However you can try both and let us know which one is
better. Then we can learn from you .

-Deepal

--
Thank you!