Hello,

I don't think that your problem is related to the way you installed axis. I
believe most people don't use that particular flavor of linux nor install axis
using emerge, rpm, apt-get, pacman, etc. IMO most people just deploy the axis
war in tomcat or deploy a customized war with the axis content.

In my case, I create a war with the axis content, the webservices classes,
resources, jars and aars, and the appropiate axis configuration.

Hope it helps.

--
Ing. David Ojeda
Integra Consultores