I've installed an open source DMS (Document Management System) called Xinco that uses Axis between the server and a Java WebStart application.

OS: CentOS 4.7
Tomcat 5.5.23

It uses Attachments when uploading larger files.

I'm getting the error listed below

I'm trying to understand where Axis is try to write this temp file. I've look through the source at the method flushtoDisk() This is where the error is triggered, but it is not clear at this point where this directory is trying to be created.

I had assumed, wrongly it was trying to write to the tomcat/temp directory, but that does not seem to be the case..

Can anyone point in the right direction...

Thank you

John..

====================== Error =====================
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.io.IOException: Permission denied
        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
        at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1704)
        at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1793)
at org.apache.axis.attachments.ManagedMemoryDataSource.flushToDisk(ManagedMemoryDataSource.java:386) at org.apache.axis.attachments.ManagedMemoryDataSource.write(ManagedMemoryDataSource.java:276) at org.apache.axis.attachments.ManagedMemoryDataSource.<init>(ManagedMemoryDataSource.java:149) at org.apache.axis.attachments.MultiPartRelatedInputStream.readTillFound(MultiPartRelatedInputStream.java:557) at org.apache.axis.attachments.MultiPartRelatedInputStream.readAll(MultiPartRelatedInputStream.java:433) at org.apache.axis.attachments.MultiPartRelatedInputStream.getAttachments(MultiPartRelatedInputStream.java:439) at org.apache.axis.attachments.AttachmentsImpl.mergeinAttachments(AttachmentsImpl.java:171) at org.apache.axis.attachments.AttachmentsImpl.getAttachmentCount(AttachmentsImpl.java:550)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getAttachments(Message.java:689)