From: "Attharkar, Asmita" <aatth...@telcordia.com>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:02 PM
Subject: RE: Document/Literal - Handwritten wsdl? Method signature OMELement?

| Hi Guo,
|
| My problem is not about which approach I should follow.
| The question is when I using the document/literal can I have a method whose
signature is String myWebServiceMethod(String, String,
String).
| If not, and I need to use the method OMElement myWebServiceMethod(OMElement)
and I need to publish my wsdl how can I tell the web
service users that my web service needs those three String values and it will
return a response that has String.

| If I need to edit wsdl manually, how do I do it?
|
| Thanks,
| Asmita
| ________________________________________

needs to send a String back to the client.

| I am looking at web service method signature now.
|
| Is it true that the only option I have when using document/literal  my method
will look something like this? OMElement
myWebService (OMElement requestElement).

| I can add the three parameters needed by the web service to the
requestElement as its child elements.

| The problem now is the wsdl.
|
| When I see the generated wsdl in the URL (?wsdl) I see that xs:anytype is the
only parameter taken into the webservice and return
type is also xs:anytype.

| How will my web service client know what exactly are those three parameters
and what should be their names and what should he be
seeing in the return type.

| I checked few forum entries and it says that I need to handwrite my wsdl? Is
it true?

| Is there a way that I can automatically generate the wsdl which indicates all
the parameters needed by my webservice as well as
the return String.?

| Is there a way that I am implementing RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver but my
method signature can have the distinct three parameters as
separate method arguments?

| If not how will I publish my wsdl which explains the parameters and return
type String to the outside world.

| This one is very urgent. My code is ready but now I need to publish my wsdl
for the world.

| I am using ant script to generate the wsdl but I get the error:
|
| java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.axis2.receivers.RawXMLINOnlyMessageReceiver cannot be cast to
org.apache.axis2.engine.MessageReceiver