Hi Sudhir,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Sudhir Mongia <sudhir.mon...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> We need to secure our web service. We got to know about rampart module to
> implement. Before looking into any kind of documentation for rampart, We
> were in impression that we need to do changes on server side and the client
> will come to know about the security related information through WSDL only.
>
> When we looked into that rampart, It changed our basic perception.Rampart
> documentation says "when using Rampart with Axis2, it must be engaged at
> both ends".Why so ?? If my client is Java  based then we can engage rampart
> module on client side. What if our client is .Net client and needs to access
> the web service?

 Nope, you can use WCF, Axis2/C, WSF/PHP or any other client. If you use
Axis2/Java client then you need to engage Rampart module at the client
side.

Is it the way it works? Then, How the policy and keys related information
> will be communicated to client?

The policy is annotated in the WSDL of the service. Key information has to
be configured through Rampart configuration.

I suggest you to take a look at following tutorials.

http://wso2.org/library/3190
http://wso2.org/library/3415

thanks,
Nandana