I have attempted to search online for documentation on the subject, but
I have not found sufficient information, but I am open to other links
people may provide.

We have a java webservice which utilizes inheritance. So say that we
have the following classes:

Public abstract class AbstractClass{
        // some code here
}

Public class AbstractClassImp extends AbstractClass {
        // some other suff here
}

And this is the service method:

Public SomeClass doService(AbstractClass someClass) {
        // logic goes here
}

Now when I send a soap message from the client I see that the xsi:type
flag does indeed point ot the AbstractClassImp. However, the class that
gets created during serialization is the AbstractClass (which results in
an error) since it is the object type from the webservice's argument.=20

I believe that the client is correctly serializing the object, but the
server is not handling the de-serialization/serialization correctly.

So here is the question

How do I tell axis2 which class should be created from the xsi:type?

Or is there something else I should be doing?

Thank you.