Hi Kris,
You can use Axis2's MTOM support for this , it it possible to have
either DataHandler or a byte array as a method arguments for binary
data, but DataHandler is much more optimized way to handle this. Try
to refer following tutorials [1] ,[2]

[1] - http://wso2.org/library/3860
[2] - http://wso2.org/library/264

Thanks,