Okay, I figured out what is happening.  Is this an axis bug?

It is putting the incorrect schema into the stub code...
                                    if (reader.isStartElement() && new
javax.xml.namespace.QName("http://APASProxy.ServiceContracts/2007/04","GetHostInstitutionResult";).equals(reader.getName())){

object.setGetHostInstitutionResult(RegisteredEducationalInstitution.Factory.parse(reader));

                                        reader.next();

                              }  // End of if for expected property start
element

                                    else {

                                    }

That "ServiceContracts" should read "DataTypes".  The wsdl says this...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="http://APASProxy.ServiceContracts/2007/04";
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap";
xmlns:impl="http://APASProxy.ServiceContracts/2007/04";
xmlns:intf="http://APASProxy.ServiceContracts/2007/04";
xmlns:tns1="http://APASProxy.DataTypes/2007/04";
xmlns:tns2="http://_04._2007.APASProxy.DataTypes";
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";
xmlns:wsdlsoap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/";
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
<!--WSDL created by Apache Axis version: 1.4
   <element name="GetHostInstitutionResponse">
    <complexType>
     <sequence>
      <element name="GetHostInstitutionResult"
type="tns1:RegisteredEducationalInstitution"/>
     </sequence>

    </complexType>
   </element>

You will notice that tns1 is correctly linked to the DataTypes schema, and not
the ServiceContracts schema.

Trenton D. Adams
Systems Analyst/Web Software Engineer
Navy Penguins at your service!