Hi Matthias,

You need to set 'enableSwA' property to true in client and server side in
order to work with SwA. I am assuming that you have done this. I tried with
Axis2 1.4 and it works fine. You can try following code sample while
receving the SwA attachment in the client side:

      mepClient.execute(true);

      MessageContext response =
mepClient.getMessageContext(WSDLConstants.MESSAGE_LABEL_IN_VALUE);
      Attachments attachments = response.getAttachmentMap();
      if (attachments == null) {
          return "No attachment";
      }
      String[] attachmentIDs = attachments.getAllContentIDs();
      for(int i = 0; i < attachmentIDs.length; i++){
          if(!attachments.getSOAPPartContentID().equals(attachmentIDs[i])){
              return attachments.getDataHandler(attachmentIDs[i]);

Chinmoy