From: Andreas Veithen [mailto:andreas.veit...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:12 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [AXIS2] soap:address location under a Frontend

While working on AXIS2-3843, I had a closer look at the code and this
is what should work and what doesn't work:

- httpFrontendHostUrl is not supported, neither by the servlet based
HTTP transport, nor by SimpleHTTPServer. It is only used by the JSP
pages of the admin console.
- hostname, when specified at the global level in axis2.xml should
allow to specify the hostname part. This should work with both
transports, but it is not sufficient in this case (because http needs
to be substituted by https).
- hostname, when specified as a parameter of the SimpleHTTPServer
transport receiver, allows to specify the URL. This is not supported
by the servlet based transport.

I think that we should modify both transports to support
httpFrontendHostUrl. The hostname parameter as described in the 2nd
point should remain because it's scope is not limited to the HTTP
transports. The question is what to do with the hostname parameter in
the 3rd option. I think that we should eliminate this one (in favor of
httpFrontendHostUrl) because it is very misleading, both because of
its name (it's not a hostname, but a URL) and because of the existence
of another hostname parameter at the global level. Any thoughts?

Andreas