I created a web-service and it works great for low level complexity
stuff. However, when I attempt to send arrays from the service, I begin
to run into trouble.

Initially I attempted to send an array of custom objects. I was able to
send a single object, but when I attempted to use an array, I got a JAXB
error of
javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: [Lcustom.class.Name; is not known to this
context.

So I attempted to scale it back and just send an array of Strings, but
when the array was returned on the client side I only received the first
object in the array.

I double checked the wsdl and xsd files generated, and the response call
does indeed have array types of the specified objects specifed. My
google-fu has failed me on this one.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to why I am getting these two
issues?

Thanks