Hi Demetris,

Part of the problem is that J2ME compatibility is not the easiest thing to determine - it's not like you can just set a compiler option and have any compatibility problems reported during the build.

JiBX used to work on mobile devices, though I think the J2ME compatibility for the runtime has been lost over the last year or two. If you'd like to give it a try, I'll look into fixing whatever needs to be changed (some uses of ArrayList and HashMap, from what I remember, along with some java.sql class references). You could then use the JiBX/WS web services support for your J2ME platform: http://jibx.sourceforge.net/jibxws/

JiBX/WS is significantly faster than Axis2 when used for plain text web services, and if we decided to implement XBIS and TCP/IP support for J2ME as well it'd be several times faster.

 - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
XML and Web Services in Java
Training and Consulting

Demetris G wrote:

Hi all,

I asked this question before (twice) but I didn't get a single response, interestingly enough. I am assuming by now that there is no mobile version of Axis/Axis2 and all the stories I hear
about people getting Web services to work on mobiles is a fiction ...
Has anyone managed to run Web Services (servers primarily) on mobile devices (either CDC, CLDC, scripting, Web Runtime etc.)? I will appreciate any feedback on something
like this.

Thanks very much