Excuse my jumping into this, but the same would happen if the the element
name is as
<xs:element name="string" ... /> and the generated 'String' extending the
ADB binding will conflict
with the java.lang.String class.
I think this is a limitation of the ADB binding.
I have not experienced this problem when using the JiBX bindings with Axis2.
I have not tried that yet,  but you may try to tweak the ADB binding as per
[1].

[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_5/adb/adb-tweaking.html