Hi all,

I am new to Axis2 and am just getting back into Java (been away for 4 years
working in an MS shop ... shudder). Anyway, I am trying to test out a simple
hello world web service and am trying to generate the java classes from
Axis' handy wsdl2java.sh script, but I keep getting a NullPointerException
when executing.

Here's the message after I run $AXIS2_HOME/bin/wsdl2java.sh -uri
./helloworld_ws.wsdl -ss -sd the wsdl is attached. Any help would be greatly
appreciated, even if you could provide a basic hello world sample that I
could then build off of would be fantastic (all the ones I found including
the one on the Apache site did not work for me perhaps because they were
targeted for ant deployment
http://www.nabble.com/file/p25705957/helloworld_ws.wsdl helloworld_ws.wsdl )
as I'm just trying to put together a proof of concept at this point for my
project.

Retrieving document at './helloworld_ws.wsdl'.
[ERROR]
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.findBinding(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:958)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateService(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:330)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.populateAllServices(WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.java:107)
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.(CodeGenerationEngine.java:147)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: Error parsing WSDL
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.(CodeGenerationEngine.java:153)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault
        at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateService(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:396)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.populateAllServices(WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.java:107)
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.(CodeGenerationEngine.java:147)
        ... 2 more
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.findBinding(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:958)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateService(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:330)
        ... 4 more