On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 1:31 AM, Andreas Veithen
<andreas.veit...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Srini,
>
> Here is the explanation of this issue, as I see it:
>
> - When WS-Security is disabled, ADB streams the XML data directly to
> the wire, using an XMLStreamWriter from Woodstox (which is indeed
> wrapped to handle MTOM, but this is not important). No problem here
> because the XMLStreamWriter from Woodstox conforms to StAX and ADB in
> Axis2 1.5 uses the XMLStreamWriter correctly (up to a minor issue
> fixed in trunk).
>
> - When WS-Security is enabled, the XML can't be streamed to the wire
> directly because Rampart needs to post-process the response. ADB
> handles this by using an XMLStreamWriter implementation that will
> build an Axiom (see AXIS2-4413). This is the MTOMAwareOMBuilder that
> you see.
>
> The problem is that MTOMAwareOMBuilder is not a correct implementation
> of XMLStreamWriter. While the sequence of events produced by ADB is
> correct (otherwise it would have failed with Woodstox),
> MTOMAwareOMBuilder thinks that there is a collision between two
> namespace bindings. The code in this class at least has two issues:
>
> - writeStartElement, writeAttribute, writeNamespace and
> writeDefaultNamespace may all modify the namespace context (by calling
> getOMNamespace). This is incorrect: according to the specs, only
> setPrefix and setDefaultNamespace modify the namespace context of the
> XMLStreamWriter.

ADB write element method looks like this.

xmlWriter.writeStartElement(prefix, localPart, namespace);
                xmlWriter.writeNamespace(prefix, namespace);
                xmlWriter.setPrefix(prefix, namespace);

does the spec specify any order?

> - The namespace context is not scoped. Normally, the namespace
> bindings declared by setPrefix and setDefaultNamespace only remain
> visible in the current element. This is not the case (see the usage of
> a simple HashMap in MTOMAwareOMBuilder and OMStreamNamespaceContext.
>
> In your case, the problem is probably caused by the second issue:
> MTOMAwareOMBuilder probably believes that there is a collision between
> a newly declared namespace binding and an existing one that actually
> should be out of scope.

can you check this by using a response get without rampart? if so we can
remove this check.

thanks,
Amila.