Hi There,

Need some direction with the following production issue.

In our production, recently we hit the well-known connection CLOSE_WAIT issue
with axis21.3 stand-alone client on Linux.
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2945)

We noticed that this bug has been fixed in axis21.5.1 version. So, we did
upgrade to axis2 1.5.1 and added stub._getServiceClient.cleanupTrasport()
statement after service call. Everything went fine but suddenly today, the
process threw NPE while cleaning up transport.

The exception stack trace is as follows.

Exception in thread "Timer-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.responseBodyConsumed(HttpMethodBase.java:2405)
       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase$1.responseConsumed(HttpMethodBase.java:1892)
       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.AutoCloseInputStream.notifyWatcher(AutoCloseInputStream.java:198)
       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.AutoCloseInputStream.close(AutoCloseInputStream.java:158)
       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.releaseConnection(HttpMethodBase.java:1181)
       at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.cleanup(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:84)
       at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.cleanupTransport(ServiceClient.java:824)
       at
com.telcordia.sirgpd.driver.titan.v_6_5.TitanNormalizedDriver.sendBatch(TitanNormalizedDriver.java:181)
       at
com.telcordia.sirgpd.driver.titan.v_6_5.TitanNormalizedDriver.batch(TitanNormalizedDriver.java:133)
       at com.telcordia.sirgpd.common.Distributor.batch(Distributor.java:93)
       at
com.telcordia.sirgpd.common.OutputQConsumerTask.processOutputQData(OutputQConsumerTask.java:250)
       at
com.telcordia.sirgpd.common.OutputQConsumerTask.run(OutputQConsumerTask.java:376)
       at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
       at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

I am puzzled how the connection got closed (by OS?) to cause
nullpointerexception.

Any inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam