Just an FYI, since you are talking about Axis2/C, you need to go to the Axis2/C
user list for an answer.  The address for that is axis-c-u...@ws.apache.org.
You may need to subscribe first though.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brody Lodmell [mailto:brodylodm...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 12:50 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: [axis2] axis2c memory management process unclear

we're using axis2 to consume soap services.

this function
axiom_node_to_string
   AXIS2_EXTERN axis2_char_t *AXIS2_CALL
   axiom_node_to_string(
       axiom_node_t * om_node,
       const axutil_env_t * env);
declared in \axiom\include\axiom_node.h and defined in \axiom\src\om\om_node.h

returns a different address each time I call it, indicating it might
be dynamically allocated memory.  but when I try to free it, I get
errors.
I can't find any documentation on how this memory might be freed.

is it the job of axiom_node_free_tree()?

any insight anyone can provide would be helpful.