I'm trying to build and run the SampleService example from the Apache Axis2
webpage at
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_5_1/userguide-buildingservices.html#buildserviceslistings
8-10. When I try to run the client I get
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:
org.apache.axiom.om.OMFactory.createOMText(Lorg/apache/axiom/om/OMElement;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/axiom/om/OMText;
I tried putting the message into Google and it came up with no results.

I figured that as a newbie I would try the first example and build from
there, but I don't have any idea what the error message means or what I
should do about it. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,
Dan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a detailed description of what I did, in case it helps:

What I did was to cut and paste SampleService, services.xml and SampleClient
from listings 8-10 of
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_5_1/userguide-buildingservices.html#buildservicesinto
org/apache/axis2/axis2userguide/SampleService.java,
META-INF/services.xml and org/apache/axis2/axis2userguide/SampleClient.java
respectively. I also copied all the axis2 libraries from
axis2-std-1.0-bin/lib into ../lib. I then wrote (in cygwin bash) a simple
shell script to build and deploy the service:

export CLASSPATH=`echo ../lib/*.jar | tr ' ' ';'`
echo classpath $CLASSPATH
javac org/apache/axis2/axis2userguide/SampleService.java
jar cf SampleService.aar org/apache/axis2/axis2userguide/SampleService.class
META-INF/services.xml
cp SampleService.aar
/cygdrive/c/tomcat-6.0.20/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/services

I ran the above script, shut down tomcat and brought it up again, and I saw
the service deployed in http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/listServices

I then wrote another shell script to compile and run the client:

export CLASSPATH=`echo ../lib/*.jar | tr ' ' ';'`
echo classpath $CLASSPATH
javac org/apache/axis2/axis2userguide/SampleClient.java
java -cp "$CLASSPATH;." org/apache/axis2/axis2userguide/SampleClient

When I run this script I get the error mentioned above:
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:
org.apache.axiom.om.OMFactory.createOMText(Lorg/apache/axiom/om/OMElement;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/axiom/om/OMText;

I swear I literally copied the SampleService, service.xml and SampleClient
from code listings 8-10 respectively, except that I had to change line 33 of
SampleClient because it breaks a quoted string across two lines and the
compiler won't allow that. I changed nothing else from the example.