I have an Axis2 web service that was working fine, but in the last
couple of days has started misbehaving. Every now and then, the client
gets a com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException when calling
OperationClient.execute().  The exception detail says: "Unexpected EOF
in prolog at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,0]"

The stack trace showed the fault occurred in
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(),
just after AxisEngine.receive().

I put some debugging into my service class, and it is clear that the
incoming request never gets into the service, which suggests that it is
the request from the client that is faulty.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Colin Sharples

Solutions Architect | Datacom Systems & Integration

Email: colin.sharp...@datacom.co.nz | Mob: +64-27-457-6628