Hello Li

the biggest problem with a contract is you are bound to fixed record

doc-literal-encoded has been around for 7 years and has been deployed numerous
times on numerous production sites
Here is a good whitepaper to read on the advantages of doc-literal over RPC
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-whichwsdl/

also DOC-LITERAL (with encoding) is clearly the best choice for complex
structures over any RPC based implementation

ALSO rpc is using a remote procedure call to call the function with the
parameters leaving a HUGE security hole
in your webservice with the open port you are using to the RPC method

AXIS2 is heavily favoring doc-literal over RPC for above stated reasons

when you state ..it definitely worked under axis1 ..are you stating you must
specify RPC over doc-literal?
Is the use of RPC a stated  business requirement?

Martin Gainty
please do not modify or disrupt this transmission. Thank You