Title: RE: errors when accessing 1st page of axis installation

A reply to another question I posted suggests that Tomcat had problems loading class in javax.* package in webapps.   I copied axis.jar from $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib to $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib, and it is working.

     -----Original Message-----
    From:   Jianlin Chang
    Sent:   Tuesday, February 12, 2002 5:33 PM
    To:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
    Subject:        errors when accessing 1st page of axis installation

    Under the 1st page for Axis installation axis/index.html, there are two links:

      • Administer Axis <servlet/AdminServlet>
      • Visit <servlet/AxisServlet> the Axis Servlet

    Access both links generates errors as shown in the enclosed doc.  What might be the cause of errors and how can I correct?

    The error mentioned: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/rpc/namespace/QName
    I tried to install java XML-RPC package jaxrpc-api.jar jaxrpc-ri.jar files into webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib, it doesn't help either.

    I am using xml-axis-alpha3 binary distribution.

    Thanks. << File: error.txt >>