From: Thomas Börkel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 1:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Off topic .NET question

HI!

This (basic HTTP authentication) works here. .NET does not send the
authorization info with the first attempt, but it sends it with the second
attempt if the first attempt has been refused with HTTP error 401 and the
correct challenge. It does the second attempt automatically, if the first
one failed correctly. From then on, it sends the authorization always at the
first attempt. This is normal HTTP client behavior AFAIK. Your are doing it
correctly in your example, so it *should* work.

Regards,
Thomas