From: Monika Solanki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 5:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: XML-RPC and SOAP

HI all,

I have a trivial question for the community (I am fairly new to the area of web services).

I have read in one of the FAQs about web services, that the two protocols currently used for XML messaging are

1. XML- RPC.
2. SOAP

I am confused here. Are they two entirely separate things or is XML-RPC,  embedding RPC calls in a soap envelope. My understanding of the subject is messages are primarily packaged in a soap envelope either in a document style or procedural style.

Pls help me understand the concepts better.

Thanks....

Monika