AXIS DOES support attachments (to a degree).  See the attachment sample
(samples/attachment).

Russell Butek
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 03/22/2002 04:15:23 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:
Subject:    Re: AW: DOM or SAX in Axis?

Stefan,

I don't know if Axis already supports attachement. I think it still
doesn't.
I agree that SOAP is not the way to transport huge messages.

Joost

      "Stefan Henke"
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    To:
                                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      Please respond to               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      axis-user                               cc:        (bcc: Joost den
                                      Boer/EHV/CE/PHILIPS)
                                              Subject:        AW: DOM or
                                      SAX in Axis?

                                              Classification:

HI Peter, hi Joost,

thanks for your quick responses.
Has anybody tried to implement a scenario with big attachments?
I´m not sure if axis already has full support for attachments. It was just
discussion with a colleague here in our team. He has the opinion that
webservices in general (and axis in the special case) aren´t a good choice
to transport such a mass of data.

Thanks
Stefan