Should I be able to include org.apache.axis.MessageContext as the first
argument to any method in my service?

I have a working client/service that uses SimpleSessionHandler to stuff
session IDs into the SOAP header with each request and response.  Now,
while in my service, I'd like to access the session object which I
understand I can get from MessageContext.getSession() or set and get
properties from MessageContext.setProperty() and
MessageContext.getProperty().

How do I access MessageContext in my service?  When I try adding it as
the first argument to a method, my client throws the following
exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong number of arguments
on object

-Ken