Hi,

We're building a SOAP service which can be a client or a server (of itself). Sometimes (frequently, actually), we need to invoke methods on the same webapp instance on the same server. Does Axis contain any optimizations to "shortcut" the serialization & wire transfer, if it notices that you're trying to make a call to the same server etc? The EJB vendors eventually put this kind of optimization into place (before Sun invented the Local Interface for EJB).

If Axis doesn't have anything like this built in, then, can anyone recommend a design pattern and simpe mechanism for performing a shortcut by hand?

Thank you,

Bryan