Try this WSDL:  (See attached file: test.wsdl)

Russell Butek
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Alan Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/24/2002 06:46:04 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:    "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:
Subject:    wsdl2java client string array problem

All,

I am having trouble using the wsdl2java tool to create client side code for
a gsoap-based server. I can't seem to get wsdl2java to generate array
handling code from the wsdl file created by the gsoap tools.

What happens is that wsdl2java creates an empty class that implements
Serializable, has an empty constructor and an equals method. I was
expecting
to get a class that also contains an array member variable and some
accessor
methods to get/set the array/elements.

I looked through the archives of the axis-user mailing list and found that
others have had similar problems but didn't find a follow-up answer. I also
found some references to problematic wsdl constructs here
(http://capescience.capeclear.com/articles/common_wsdl_errors.shtml).

After reading the article, I tried various combinations of the wsdl array
constructs but that didn't help.

I have the following environment:

server: gsoap 2.1.2
client: wsdl2java generated code from gsoap wsdl
os: RH linux 7.2

Enclosed a stripped down version of the wsdl file and the empty class that
is generated by wsdl2java. Note: the array is a fixed size array (12
elements).

Has anyone used wsdl2java to generate client side code to retrieve a string
array from a SOAP server?

alan

Alan Moore - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ciphergen Biosystems - http://www.ciphergen.com