I am having similar trouble with a .NET WSDL file for a different set of web
services.

java.io.IOException: Type http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:time is
referenced but not defined.
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.SymbolTable.add(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java$WSDLRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

When I look at the XMLSchema, I see that 'time' is part of a secondary
schema that is included in the first.  Since this comes from w3.org, I
assume that the schemas are correct.  Perhaps WSDL2Java isn't looking at the
include file, although it recognizes all of the references before this
(string, date, etc.)

The suspicious area might be namespace references to Microsoft schemas for
the .NET toolkit.  The company that generated the WSDL says it works on .NET
(with C# and all of that nonsense  8- ).

Any thoughts?  Has anyone tried WSDL2Java on anything more complex than the
samples?
Dave Mount
Application Architect
BenefitPoint, Inc.