I would have guessed that this message clause is illegal.  I could be
wrong, but try this instead:

<message name="messageName"/>

Russell Butek
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Agrawal, Anuj (Anuj)** CTR **" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 05/21/2002 10:39:49
AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

cc:
Subject:    return types of void

We have a WSDL file which defines a method that has a void return type, so
the WSDL snippet looks like:

   <message name='messageName'>
      <part name='return' />
   </message>

This is where we're getting a NullPointerException when generating the
server-side code (see stacktrace below):

[apply] java.lang.NullPointerException
[apply]     at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Utils.holder(Utils.java:494)
[apply]     at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriterFactory.constructSignature(JavaWriterFactory.java:512)

[apply]     at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriterFactory.constructSignatures(JavaWriterFactory.java:478)

[apply]     at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriterFactory.writerPass(JavaWriterFactory.java:106)

[apply]     at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:189)
[apply]     at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:155)
[apply]     at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java$WSDLRunnable.run(WSDL2Java.java:725)
[apply]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
[apply] Result: 1

We're thinking that the NullPointerException is being thrown because there
is no 'type' attribute for the <part>
So the question is - what should we set the type attribute of the part tag
when the return type is void?

Thanks.
Anuj.