> You can't select a particular key entry from a Java keystore by just
> setting environment variables. You will have to do some programming at
> the JSSE level.

Yeapp, I was afraid of this. :)

> However, Axis is an open source project and one could always
> modify the
> source code to add new feature.

In fact I did. Right now I'm implementing the HTTP Digest
challenge/authentication based of RFC2617. If it looks OK, I'll send it
so it can be included in some nightly build.

> a new API ( or even better, a new property string to be set on Call
> object ) so that HTTPSender knows which alias to use. Look at JSSE
> examples for how to do this.

Now this is information I still not have. I only saw examples where
they're setting the keystore environment variable. This one is pretty
easy, I can do that. But I didn't see any example, where a certain
certificate is choosed by alias. [That's way I said this is off-topic :) ]

> Another interesting aspect is the validation/verification of
> the certificate

I had no problem here. Of course I'm not much of an expert, but
I managed to put this into practice (at least I think so). Both server
and client authentication worked. I mean the certificate was accepted
if is was in the trust-store. That's all I know.